Provisionally Licensed / Associate Level Therapist - Hybrid
Please review the full job description below before applying for this position.
To apply, please complete the application form on this page (see below) and email your resume to email@example.com
Don’t let yourself be a barrier to a great future. If this job posting piques your interest, apply by completing the application and emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Destination Therapy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workforce that reflects the populations who reside in our communities. We seek to build an inclusive Destination Therapy is a minority woman-owned psychotherapy practice that is grounded in anti-racist, culturally affirming care that celebrates intersectional identities. We are passionate about destigmatizing and decolonizing the field of Mental Health. Destination Therapy lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
Invest in quality: We’re committed to providing an inviting atmosphere for our clients and our team. Our commitment is seen in our beautiful workspace for our employees and a comforting space for our clients and in offering the extra touches like coffee + tea stations, music, a collaborative environment for our team, and comprehensive services for our clients. We encourage continued education for our therapists so that our clients can feel safe knowing their therapist is always growing in their skill.
Destination Therapy is seeking a provisionally licensed / associate level therapist in the State of Texas who desires to provide a mix of telehealth and face to face professional counseling and psychotherapy services to our private practice clientele. Clinical supervision and clinical hours towards full licensure will be provided without cost to the therapist.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling, psychology or social work, and active associate or provisional level license (LMSW, MFT-Associate, LPC-Associate, or Licensed Psychological Associate) in the State of Texas (must be willing to work under supervision towards full unrestricted clinical licensure).
- Abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Destination Therapy. A copy of the license must be provided to Destination Therapy.
- Passionate about the art of therapy with a growth mindset and extensive knowledge of mental health conditions and can work independently on tasks utilizing best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills to counsel and support patients.
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills to develop effective treatment plans and maintain up-to-date, easy-to-navigate patient files.
- Computer skills to operate telehealth services, record-keeping, scheduling, email and word-processing software.
- Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.
- Attunement to the needs of our client base which is mostly working professionals and a willingness to provide some sessions of client services per week outside the hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm during Monday-Friday to accommodate the needs of our professional clientele.
- The therapist will provide outpatient individual and group psychotherapy and counseling services to clients of Destination Therapy (combination of telehealth and on-site) in accordance with company policies.
- The therapist is expected to be available to provide a minimum of twenty (20) hours of Client Services per week.
- Administrative duties such as actively managing a caseload, communicating with clients and secondary supports, provide referrals for additional care or services when required.
- Able to attend biweekly team meetings for continued development, case conceptualization, processes, treatment plans, and special client needs.
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a punctual, professional manner so as to maintain and increase the goodwill and reputation of Destination Therapy.
- Facilitate initial consultations, complete intakes, assess symptoms, create treatment plans and assign diagnoses as necessary on a timely basis of a client appointment, but no later than the end of the week in which client services were rendered.
- Provide appropriate therapeutic support, assess clients’ ongoing needs and utilize evidence-based practices in keeping with approved group practices.
- Continually assess client risk to self or others, and take appropriate steps to manage risk, intervening with emergency protocols as needed.
- Keep client files in a format acceptable to the field and utilize the Company provided Electronic Health Records (“EHR”) system in accordance with company policies.
- Maintaining accurate, confidential detailed written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, and other forms of documents which may be needed or required from time to time by Destination Therapy or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the client within a timely fashion (by Friday of each week).
The Responsibilities listed above are an example of what your work may look like but are subject to change based on project needs.
- Compensation of 45% of fees collected for counseling services provided (session rate ranges between $150-$160 per clinical hour). In addition, the employee shall be compensated on an hourly basis of $20.00 per hour for required team meetings or business-related events.
- Health Insurance benefits available for eligible full time employees.
- 401k with a match from Destination Therapy for eligible full time employees. The employer match is 100% of employee contributions up to 1% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 5% of employee’s compensation.
- Therapy suite office space to conduct in-person therapy sessions and meetings provided, which includes modern office furnishing and supplies.
- Employees are provided flexibility with their scheduling and time off requirements as long as their goals for client hours per month are met and client care is not being compromised.
- Therapists are provided with access to the EHR system and HIPAA-compliant phone, fax and email accounts.
- Marketing costs such as business cards, web-based marketing, and therapy directory listings are also provided by Destination Therapy.
- Malpractice and Workers’ compensation insurance.
- Clinical supervision and clinical hours towards full licensure will be provided without cost to the therapist.
How do I apply?
Don’t let yourself be a barrier to a great future. If this job posting piques your interest, apply by completing the application below and emailing your resume to email@example.com